Table of Contents
The big step: your baby’s first steps!! What to expect from your little talking human being, why should you not worry if your baby has not started walking yet, and when to buy baby outdoor shoes.
Your baby's forty-three weeks after birth
A 43 week old baby is acquiring new milestones this week. This includes the learning of what they can do, what are the things they are allowed to do, are learning to adjust to different tastes, and observing what they like and whatnot.
Being so close to their first birthday, the little one is also trying various ways of communication, both, verbal and non-verbal. They also began to imitate and associate with the sense of belonging, can point to different body parts, and crave social interactions. This week is surely filled with a lot and to know more or the things that you can expect of the baby milestones, read on!
Your 43-week-old baby's development and physical growth
Let us now understand what happens with the little one in their forty-three-week after birth in terms of the baby’s development during this week.
Your baby's weight:
Expect your baby to weigh between 18.11 lbs to 20.3 lbs. But, if you observe the weight to be more or less, contact your doctor in order to be on the safer end.
Your baby's sleep:
- Expect your baby to have a night of disturbed or less sleep due to the mental and physical development at 43 weeks.
- Try co-sleeping, that is, sleeping on the same bed providing comfort and immediate help if your baby wakes up in the middle of the night.
- Use a night lamp or a white noise machine to further provide comfort and good sleep for the little one.
Your baby's diet:
- Your baby is already eating solids this week and is drinking from their sippy cup.
- Make sure you do pump your milk using the breast pump every 3-4 hours. This is important to make sure your breasts aren’t full, painful, or are soaking your t-shirt ( in that case, use a nursing pad), in case you are long gone and are leaving your baby to a caregiver.
- Expect an average feed of 70-80ml.
The Health of Your 43-Week-Old Baby
A 43-week old baby or ten months old is acquiring major milestones and visiting the doctor for a check-up counts as one. Here’s what you can expect from the visit to the baby’s doctor:
The doctor in the 10th month may advise for a blood test. This is important to help show any signs of anemia, check the hemoglobin, iron, and lead levels (if observed).
Babies this month can get their 3rd dose of the IPV (polio) vaccine, the final dosage of the Hepatitis B Vaccine, and based on your doctor’s recommendation, your baby may need a shot of influenza vaccine.
Postpartum Baby Tips: 43-Week-Old Baby
At this week where your baby is learning to adjust and find their place in this outside world, it’s time for them to also develop new choices and face certain changes, both emotionally and physically. Therefore, the mama and dada might also be required to keep themselves updated on the changes at this age. Here are a few examples of the baby tips this week!
Your Baby’s Physical Growth: 43-Week-Old Baby
Here are a few developmental milestones your baby will or are trying to acquire:
- Your baby can now stand alone for a relatively more time
- They can point to things and express themselves well
- They can now constantly say ‘mama’ or ‘papa’ with the other new learned words
- Can now be able to pick up gestures and mimic from time to time
- Can register ‘NO’ when told
- The baby walker is now able to walk long distances. Therefore, parents must get them a good pair of walking shoes.
Your Little Social Butterfly: 43-Week-Old Baby
- Your baby is now getting aware of their surroundings and imitates back as observed. Expect the 43 weekers to feed you and hit the keys of the keyboard if you have carried her when you checked your emails.
- However, it’s common for the little monkey to also catch the negative behavior too, like shouting or acting a certain way ( it’s ok, you are allowed to be frustrated). We’d recommend putting the baby in their crib when you’re not in a good mood and catch a few breaths in the other room, she won’t pick up a habit you really didn’t want to hand down.
- Expect your baby to develop a keen sense of their identity and belonging. The 43-week old baby is also learning that her voice, face, and body parts are different from everyone else’s.
The Need For Games For Your Baby in Order To Build Motor Skills: 43-Week-Old Baby
Along with the games mentioned below, get your baby a toy train and toy truck for them to push along and build their skills.
- Patty Cake
This game will enhance the words and gestures that the baby can learn and also still practice hand mobility.
- Hold Up Your Arms
Play this game while dressing your baby, where you can ask them to hold out their arms while you pull the dress down the head.
- Hide and Seek
Play hide and seek with your baby in the house, but do not hide for too long. This helps your baby understand that even if they aren’t around you are always there. A word of caution, make sure your house is baby-proofed.
Playing race with your baby helps them decode the concept of distance and speed.
The parents after childbirth of a 43-week old baby: What is happening and what to expect in their forty-three-week after giving birth?
Here are a few tips for our parents to help them simplify their journey with their 43rd-week old baby:
Understanding your baby's care tips: 43-Week-Old Baby
- The 43-week old baby is more mobile and independent this week, so make sure to provide them a safe and structured environment. Install baby gates to prevent the little one from exploring areas that aren’t safe.
- Your baby will now give away more tantrums, therefore, ignoring the undisciplined behavior is acceptable in order to prevent the behavior. Use the word ‘NO’ only in situations applicable for them to register what’s not good and what isn’t.
- Do not spank your baby as it will cause emotional trauma and mistrust in the growing years.
- If you are leaving your baby behind to another person for some time, reassure the little one by showing approval to the new person and inform your baby you will be back soon.
Understanding your baby's health and the urgent need of a doctor: 43-Week-Old Baby
Listed below are a few instances where parents must consult a doctor regarding their 43-week old baby during this week:
- A cold or flu in your baby that is resistant to cure.
- Teeth grinding could be a way for babies to release tension and experiment, but causes the development of teeth and is dangerous for long periods. In case the baby does it more frequently and refrains from stopping, consult your baby’s doctor.
- If the baby is experiencing sleep apnea, that is, when the baby stops breathing, consult the doctor for advice and measures to help deal with the condition.
- If your baby has an allergic reaction, like swelling of the tongue, hands, or feet, or a rash.
43 weekers now are exhibiting to become individuals. Your baby is now responsible, well aware, and knows of their space and belongings. The baby’s development is now at a high pace and tends to imitate the surroundings better, therefore, you must make sure to be careful around your baby as you wouldn’t want them to copy or imitate things that are not expected from them at this tender age.