Table of Contents
Yes, you got it right! Best strollers that too for older kids. It isn’t fair for them to adjust themselves into strollers that are not even designed to carry their weight. But then, are there strollers available for older kids? Yes, absolutely!
The only key to it is to purchase a stroller that could carry the weight of the older kids be it 25 pounds or 55 pounds. We understand how challenging it could get for parents to purchase strollers that are a great fit for kids from 3, 4, and 5 years of age. This is why we have accumulated a list of the best strollers for each age group in this article.
Double Stroller: Types And Features
Before going for a double stroller, you must keep in mind that there are different types that offer unique features, and it’s important to make your decision on the basis of what your family specifically needs.
For example, do you have an infant and a toddler? Or maybe you have twins who constantly yank on each other’s hair, so you want a stroller with more separation to prevent that? Here are a few types of double strollers that may help you make a decision:
- Side-by-side stroller: This is a traditional style of a double stroller. As the name suggests, the seats of the stroller are lined up right next to each other. This one is a great option if you want to keep an eye on both children at once, especially if both of them are in the early infancy stage. Keep in mind that these types of strollers are wider and often more difficult to squeeze through narrow spaces, such as doorways and store aisles.
- Tandem stroller: In this stroller infants and toddlers often face forward, one in the back of the other. These strollers usually show better maneuverability and fold down more compactly and are therefore more convenient for traveling purposes. It’s also a great option if your kids tend to steal each others’ snacks or don’t get along.
- Sit-and-stand stroller: Families with a newborn as well as an older child can benefit the most from this style of stroller. This one typically includes a rear platform or seat for an older child who can ride along in the back. These double strollers are a great choice for big toddlers, who can easily hop on and off the backseat.
- Wagon stroller: These can make great alternatives to double strollers as they provide a push and pull mechanism that other strollers lack. Wagon strollers also feature harnesses, storage pockets, and even snack trays for convenience.
- Car seat compatibility: You should keep in mind that while most strollers today are car seat compatible, always make sure to double-check the user guide (most need car seat adapters or only work with certain brands).
Best Baby Strollers for 3-year-olds
1. Summer Infant 3D lite stroller
As the name suggests, this umbrella stroller is light weighted that weighs only 13 lbs, accommodating kids up to 50 lbs. They are pocket friendly with basic features and good durability for a 3-year-old.
It also has 5 recline positions, is anti-shock, and has lockable back wheels. The stroller for the 3-year-old kid features a big storage bag that can help handle basic things like toys, water bottles, baby bags, etcetera, a 5-point safety harness, and a decent sized canopy attached to protect the baby from the sun.
The highlights of Summer infant 3D lite stroller
- It is affordable
- It can be folded easily
- Is travel friendly
2. Baby trend range jogging stroller
The jogging stroller can hold up to 55 pounds, is lightweight, has high-impact composite wheels, and has a 5 point safety harness included. It has a child tray attached that can hold up to two drinks and snacks for the 3-year-old kid, as well as parents, tray with 2 cup holders.
The versatile stroller can be used as a compatible car seat that is covered with a small canopy. It features a storage space, footrest reflectors, and the tether strap for safety while on a jog and can be folded float that works great for storage.
The highlights of the Baby trend range jogging stroller
- Has great wheels
- Includes a child and parent tray
- Has a storage basket
3. 2018 UPPAbaby G-LUXE stroller
This stroller can hold up to 55 pounds, is fully-functioned, made with stylish luxurious breathable fabrics, and has an extension is UPF50+ in its massive canopy.
It features storage, has a stain-resistant fabric, a lower basket of a generous size, a clip-on drink holder for parents, and 5.5-inch wheels. The stroller for the 3-year-olds can be easily stored due to its efficient fold and has a carrying strap, too.
The highlights of the 2018 UPPAbaby G-LUXE stroller
- Stain-proof fabric
- Canopy attached
- Easy to store
Best Strollers For 4-Year-Olds
4. Britax B-Lively lightweight stroller
The Britax stroller for the 4-year-old kid is high-quality, lightweight, and is big. It features 20 lbs in weight that can hold up to 55lbs, a footrest, and has an all-wheel suspension option. for a better ride, a 5-point harness is attached and can be easily folded by using only one hand. Adding to that, the stroller could be reclined to 180 degrees that can be adjusted.
The highlights of Britax B-Lively lightweight stroller
- Includes a waterproof and UPF 50+ canopy
- Easy to push and turn.
- Has 5 safety harnesses
- Is lightweight
5. Born free LIVA compact fold stroller
If you are looking for a stroller that is big enough, can handle the weight, and is not jogging friendly, this is your stroller! This LIVA stroller is super versatile as it can be used by newborns to 4-year-olds, can handle 50 lbs, and is compatible with car seats.
It features big wheels, a cup holder, a canopy, has a carrying strap attached, easy fold, adjustable footrest, parent pocket, and a 5-point harness.
The highlights of born free LIVA compact fold stroller
- Easy to fold
- Adjustable footrest
6. GB Pockit+
This is one of the best strollers for 4-year-olds, as it is lightweight, travel-friendly, and can carry up to 65lbs. The Pockit stroller is available in various colors, is only 9.5 lbs in weight, and can be easily folded into quite a small size that can be adjusted in overhead bins on airplanes. Isn’t it fascinating!
It also comes with an attached sun canopy that is UPF50+, is padded, and has a 5 point safety harness.
The highlights of GB Pockit
- Have swivel front wheels
- Adjustable seatbacks
- Available in different colors
Best Stroller for 5-Year-Olds
7. Joovy zoom 360 ultralight
This jogging stroller comes with the car seat adapter, is affordable, large. The Joovy stroller features a graphite-colored aircraft aluminum frame, has tires of 16 inches, and a 12-inch lockable swivel tire.
The Joovy stroller has a shock-absorbing suspension, a rear axle, and a dual-sided parking brake. It has 22 inches of headspace, can hold up to 75 pounds, is comfortable to ride even for older kids, a large sun canopy, and has a 5 point safety harness for the kid’s safety.
The highlights of Joovy zoom 360 ultralight
- Organized handlebar for parents
- Has a small storage
- Can fold up to 19 inches deep
- Includes a suspension system
8. BOB Revolution Flex 2.0 jogging stroller
This jogging stroller has big wheels and seats that can hold the weight of a 5-year-old kid. It has super high quality, with a swivel front wheel, and wheel locks.
The BOB stroller for 5-year-olds features air-filled tires, a suspension system, a 9-position handlebar, and plenty of room for storage.
The highlights for BOB revolution Flex 2.0
- Includes safety strap
- Foot brake
- Adaptable seats
9. Baby jogger city mini GT stroller
This mini GT is a big stroller with a weight limit of 65 lb and has a massive roomy seat. t It features rubber tires, a suspension system, a height-adjustable handlebar, the hand brake up top, and a storage basket underneath.
Additionally, the stroller is swift to fold, has 5 safety straps for the safety of the 5-year-olds, and comfortable foldable seats.
The highlight of Baby jogger city mini GT stroller
- Travel friendly
- Has a storage basket
- Big in size
Best Baby Stroller: Final Thoughts
Finding the best strollers are quite challenging, but adding on to finding a stroller for older kids might seem an impossible task for some parents. However, the key is to have the features you need to tally the already existing features of the strollers. Hope the well-researched list above helps you find your best stroller.