Table of Contents
If you’re looking for an ointment that will benefit skin healing, then Aquaphor healing ointment is the one to choose. It can offer relief against problems such as dry, cracked feet and wounds. Initially, this healing ointment can appear to be regular, but it is more than that. It is a multipurpose ointment that can be beneficial for all age groups, even toddlers thereby helping to improve the texture of their skin and offering protection against damages.
Aquaphor healing ointment has several benefits to offer, and the key ingredients of the same play an essential role in enhancing the overall impact. If you are looking for an efficient healing ointment, you can always rely on Aquaphor.
Can Aquaphor Healing Ointment Be Helpful?
When you check the Aquaphor healing ointment, you will be surprised to know how it can offer everyone a wide range of benefits. However, it is necessary to understand that not every skin type is the same, and being familiar with the ingredients will help you know if the healing Ointment is the right choice for you or not.
Aquaphor healing ointment is one of those healing ointments that is recommended for all skin types. It has a thick and greasy texture as 41% of it is petroleum.
A Basic Introduction To Aquaphor Healing Ointment
Aquaphor Healing Ointment is meant to offer protection to your overall skin. It is not like your regular motion that moisturizes the skin for it offers more than that. When applied to the skin, this healing Ointment plays an important role in creating a protective barrier. Since it is sulfate-free, the ointment paves the way for enhancing the oxygen flow, thereby helping to promote a healing environment. Moreover, the healing ointment can also be used for babies to cure cuts and improving skin texture.
What Are The Main Ingredients Of The Healing Ointment?
The ingredients of the healing Ointment decide whether it is the right choice to make or not. Some of the key ingredients of the Aquaphor healing ointment include the following:
1. Petroleum :
This thick and greasy skin protectant is meant to offer a vaseline-like appearance to the Aquaphor Healing Ointment. If you ever get any skin injury, it is advisable to apply petroleum over it. More so ever, applying the Aquaphor healing ointment can be one of the best options in the long run because of the following:
- Around 41% of the healing Ointment is made using petroleum, and the application of this will play an important role in preventing water loss.
- The melting point of the petroleum is similar to the body temperature, so when we apply it to the skin, it will soften. Moreover, it is water-repellent in nature which also helps prevent the risk of water loss from the skin.
- The topical application of Aquaphor Healing Ointment will help maintain skin hydration as it hydrates the outermost layer of the skin or stratum corneum.
- Petroleum can also be one of the best skin protectants, and it will offer extensive protection against any injury. When the wound begins to heal, the stratum corneum is underdeveloped, which will pave the way for water loss from the skin. Excessive water loss can lead to skin dehydration.
When the skin begins to enter dehydration, different cells across the epidermis will synthesize and lead to collagen loss. Excessive collagen loss can eventually cause skin scarring. Applying petroleum to the scarred area will regenerate the stratum corneum, preventing the risk of water loss. If you hydrate the skin properly, the risk of developing further scars eventually decreases.
2. Humectants :
Another key ingredient of Aquaphor healing ointment is the three humectants: glycerin, bisabolol and panthenol. These are meant to offer the highest level of moisturization to the skin.
The molecular structure of humectant is similar to various hydrophilic groups (OH) and anime groups (NH2). The groups form a strong bond with water, thereby retaining it under the skin.
The main role of humectants is to draw water from the dermis to the epidermis and stratum corneum to keep it hydrated. Furthermore, these are also responsible for pulling water vapour from the air, which can help to keep the skin moisturized. Nonetheless, this will only be possible if the humidity level is above 50 per cent.
3. Occlusive :
Water loss from the skin can be very harmful, so it is necessary to form a strong protective barrier to prevent the loss. Occlusive can, however, be of great help to serve the purpose.
Apart from all the ingredients mentioned above, the other critical ingredients in Aquaphor Healing Ointment include ceresin, lanolin alcohol and mineral oil. These are known as occlusives as they help to create a physical barrier on the upper layer of skin.
The main function of occlusives is to prevent water loss from the trans-epidermal layer, the same as petroleum. These ingredients contribute to the thick appearance of the Ointment. However, these applications do not get absorbed within the skin but lead to forming a protective barrier.
How Should You Use The Aquaphor Healing Ointment?
The right use of the Ointment will play an important role in achieving the results. Well, applying the Aquaphor healing ointment can offer several benefits, from treating dry skin to rash and more.
Since this is compatible with all skin types, you can easily use it. However, if you have any underlying skin condition, you should consider contacting a dermatologist before using this.
Some of the things that Aquaphor healing ointment can help with include:
- It can act as an efficient makeup remover.
- It can be applied as an aftershave lotion.
- It helps to moisturize chapped skin around elbows, hands, and all over the body.
- Treats cuts, scrapes, and minor wounds.
- It is an efficient moisturizer for nighttime.
- Reduced the stinging and burning sensation.
- Can be applied after pregnancy to remove stretch marks.
- Got tattoos recently? Apply the healing Ointment to cure the problem.
- Helpful for treating various skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, and more.
- Massage balm.
- Helps with treating skin discoloration and scars. For example, chapped skin and diaper rashes can give you sleepless nights because of the continuous crying of the baby. However, the application of mild and multipurpose Aquaphor healing ointment can help to fix the problem.
Aquaphor And Vaseline: A Comparison
|The active ingredient is petroleum jelly, often referred to as Vaseline.||Vaseline is a brand whose main ingredient is petroleum jelly.|
|2.||Aquaphor has other important ingredients such as humectants and occlusives.||Other ingredients include glycerin, panthenol and bisabolol.|
|Helps to moisturize the skin.||Relieves dry skin around eyelids.|
|Can trigger lotion allergy.||Very less chances of triggering allergic reactions.|
Is Aquaphor Cruelty-Free And Vegan?
While checking the Aquaphor healing ointment review, many people check if it is vegan and cruelty-free, and it is not. The parent company of Aquaphor is Beiersdorf which is responsible for animal testing.
As far as the vegan status is concerned, lanolin alcohol does not make it suitable for vegans. Lanolin alcohol is obtained from the wool of sheep.
Pros And Cons :
- Research has provided a glimpse about the benefits of active ingredients (petroleum in the Ointment).
- Fragrance-free, thereby offering protection against irritation.
- Helpful for various purposes, from hydrating skin to treating skin conditions.
- The presence of inactive ingredients such as glycerin and mineral oil makes it extra beneficial.
- It is not cruelty-free and tested on animals.
- If you have a lanolin allergy, you should refrain from using the Ointment as it is a key ingredient.
Many people may not like the thick and greasy texture.
Aquaphor Healing Ointment Review Final Conclusion
Whether or not you should use the Aquaphor Healing Ointment is a matter of personal choice. It is advisable to do proper research about the same before using it. However, checking out the reviews can be of great help for understanding the effectiveness of the same. Using Aquaphor healing ointment and an anti-ageing serum can offer a wide range of benefits.