Table of Contents
Understanding why your 47-week-old babyhas suddenly started to ‘point’ at things, the first signs of ‘independence’, and some makeshift toy ideas for when the baby gets bored of fancy!
Your baby's forty-seven weeks after birth
A 47-week old baby’s brain begins to recognize sequences and games and will use its mobility more than ever during the 47th week after birth. On the other hand, expect yourself to be occupied with picking things or objects that are dangerous for your baby and place them somewhere out of their reach.
However, as the little ones learn to walk on their own, they might take steps that are a little wobbly but will also be able to persevere by constantly making sure of their posture, balance, and their muscle strength. Your baby will also be interested in imitating you more often via acting to be on the phone, conversing with someone on the other end, or also play with the cutlery. On the other hand, they might also lose weight as a result of fussy eating and will need the comfort of their favorite toy while sleeping. To know more, read on!
Your 47-week-old baby's development and physical growth
Let us now understand what happens with the little one in their forty-seven-week after birth in terms of the baby’s development during this week.
Your baby's weight:
- Expect your baby to weigh anything from around 19.4 lbs to 20.12 lbs. Nonetheless, if you observe the baby grow less or more, make sure to consult the doctor for help
Your baby's sleep:
- There will be less sleep disturbance and you can now observe a more predictable sleeping pattern of your baby with them sleeping more in the night than the daytime.
- However, in case your baby is still learning to walk, there might be some sleep disturbance for a bit. There might also be changes for the baby to suffer from low hemoglobin levels due to muscle fatigue and soreness. To aid it, try to massage your baby more often, especially their hands and legs, and increase their iron supplement with the consultation of the doctor.
Your baby's diet:
- The 47 weekers will now have more solids in their diet and will continue to breastfeed as per their needs, known as baby-led breastfeeding.
- During the first year, the little one will consume more breast milk mainly as a part of their nutrition, however, with the second year, it slowly transits to more solids. All of which will help benefit your baby as a source of food, hydration, and immune support.
- Good nutrition decreases the chances of any infection that might grow in your toddler.
Your 47-week-old baby's health
A 47-week old baby or eleven months old is acquiring major milestones and visiting the doctor for a check-up counts as one. Here’s what you can expect from the visit to the baby’s doctor:
In case the 47-week old baby shows any symptoms of anemia or any other disorder, expect the doctor to take a blood test to check the hemoglobin and iron levels.
The toddler might get a shot of Japanese encephalitis, Hepatitis A, Varicella, and Influenza anytime around this week as per the recommendation of the doctor.
Postpartum baby tips: Week 47 after birth
As your 47 weeks old baby development begins to shape into new and important milestones, it is perhaps vital for the mama and dada to take some more time out and learn of them and care while being well prepared before its occurrence. Here are a few things to look forward to in your 47 weeks old baby:
Your baby's new obsession
- As the toddler gains control over their body and dexterity, they might now start to help you dress them up. They will do so by extending their arms into the onesies, sticking their feet into the tiny shoes, and pulling the socks off. However, while they are acquiring new habits, they might also learn to unstick their diapers while being playful, so be aware.
- On the other hand, there are a few babies that indulge and find it exciting to banging into things, the louder the better!
- They might also while imitating your wish to help you around. While we all know how dangerous that could get, you can opt to get them their own play kitchen sets to prepare their lovely meals.
Your 47 weeks old baby's developmental milestones
- Your baby will now learn to identify between their toys while preferring a few over the others
- They will now be able to pick things off the ground using their hands.
- Can now stand independently or walk freely.
- Can say the word, ‘mama’ and ‘papa’ along with a few other distant words.
- Can help you clean their toys by being able to fill and empty boxes or containers.
- Your baby will now be to cooperate while you dress them up by holding their arms up and sticking them into the sleeves.
The need for games for your baby in order to build motor skills
- While your baby is imitating you, give them some non-breakable plates and vessels to play and be safe around.
- Give them non-breakable jars with pasta or dried beans inside to shake and produce music.
- In order to build your baby’s dexterity skills, fill a small tray with sand and small toys for them to pick up.
- Play ‘This Little Piggy Went to Market’ using their fingers and toes. This game involves unique patterns and helps them develop coordination and motor skills.
- Play some music and dance along to help build their hand-eye coordination while they swing and move their bodies and have fun with you.
The parents after childbirth of a 47-week old baby: What is happening and what to expect in their forty-seven-week after giving birth?
Here are a few tips for our parents to help them simplify their journey with their 47th-week old baby:
Understanding the balance between a working mother and a toddler
While most moms are working they often find themselves in a dilemma of whether they must give the toddler time or have time to relax and prepare dinner. Nonetheless, it is advised for moms to spend a little time with their toddler’s undivided attention, even if it’s 15 to 2o mins. Read a book if you can, this will help both you and your baby to calm, along with a few snacks like diced raw fruit or crackers and hummus until dinner’s ready. This helps with postpartum depression or the baby’s meltdown.
The other way to be organized is to prepare extra meals over the weekend to freeze some ready-to-nuke meals, this will help save-up time and to enjoy the relaxed time with your baby. Adding on, while you are at it, do not forget to take some time off for yourself too, watch your favorite TV show, read a book, talk to a friend, go for solo-drives, or whatever helps your sanity. After-all, the fathers are there to help as well, so you need not take the whole burden and shy away, remember, you are human too!
Understanding your baby's health and the urgent need of a doctor
Listed below are a few instances where parents must consult a doctor regarding their 47-week old baby during this week:
- If your baby topples or falls and gets their mouth injured and bleeding occurs. Try cold compress at first to help stop the blessing and consult a doctor/dentist for your baby in case they broke a tooth or have a cut.
- In case your baby exhibits any form of an allergic reaction that lasts for about more than 24 hours or has swelling on the face, legs, or hands, fever, vomits, has a rash.
- If the baby has bad bruising on their head or elsewhere post a fall, consult your doctor.
- Your baby might also experience bouts of constipation, therefore, try including more high-fiber foods, like apples, vegetables, oatmeal, prune juice, or dried apricots.
A 47-week old baby may look at the world around them a little differently while they are still developing certain milestones. From being dependent on many things, they now seem to create a life of their own while they love spending time with their favorite toys, look and observe at books, or even imitating you.