We’ve often been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it is certainly true, as it provides us with the energy for whatever activities lie ahead. Breakfast is even more crucial for kids because a good, nutritious breakfast plays a paramount role in their growth.
Kids who eat breakfast tend to meet their overall nutritional needs of the day and are probably more physically active. Moreover, kids that skip breakfast usually get tired, restless, and even irritable later in the day. However, getting a nutritious breakfast can be tricky because the morning is often the busiest time of the day. Right after waking up, it’s a race against the clock for kids to reach school.
Therefore, moms need easy and healthy breakfast ideas for kids that can come in handy, all year long. And that’s precisely what we have for you today, a list of quick breakfast ideas for your kids. Let’s jump right in.
Easy Breakfast Ideas For Kids
- Fresh Fruit and Pancake Breakfast Bar
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
- Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie
- Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Pizzas
Now that we’ve listed down some healthy breakfast ideas for kids, let’s see how to make them.
Healthy Breakfast Idea For Kids #1 - Fresh Fruit and Pancake Breakfast Bar
If you are looking to add some fun to your kid’s breakfast routine then this is one of the easiest breakfast ideas for your kids.
Most kids absolutely love the idea of pancakes as they are fluffy and tasty and even we adults are guilty of gobbling one or two every now and then. It already has protein and carbohydrates in it, so why not take it to the next level? Make your kids’ favorite pancakes and smear some whipped cream cheese while topping it off with your choice of raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. This not only makes it extra yummy but also adds the goodness of berries. It is one of the easiest ways to add a serving of nutritious fruit to your kid’s breakfast and it is super quick to make. It’s a win-win.
You can double the ingredients and stash the extra in your freezer. Also, fill a bowl with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries along with a container of whipped cream cheese, and in the morning you are ready to go.
Healthy Breakfast Idea For Kids #2 - Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
Wait a minute before tossing those overripe bananas as they are just what you need to make yummy banana chocolate-chip bread. It is soft, light, and loaded with nourishing bananas with chocolate flavor. What makes this banana bread soft is the Greek yogurt.
- Start by preheating your oven and then take two overripe bananas in a bowl and mash them until they are pasty.
- Next, add the Greek yogurt and melted butter and mix them thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, take some flour and add baking soda, vanilla, and chocolate chips to it.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana yogurt paste and give it a good whirl.
- Bake it in the oven at 150 C until it is puffed and it is ready to serve.
Healthy Breakfast Idea For Kids #3 - Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Muffins are delish but can they be healthy? This recipe sure makes them both healthy and tasty.
Oatmeal muffins are satiating, delicious, and super easy to make because you don’t even need a mixing bowl to make them. All you need to do is toss the ingredients in the blender, pour them in a muffin pan, and bake.
Here’s how you do it-
- Preheat your oven to 400℉ while you prep your muffin pan
- Put your ingredients (banana, oats, eggs, yogurt, baking powder, honey, and baking soda) in the blender and blend till creamy smooth
- Put the batter in your muffin pan and then bake for 20 minutes
Healthy Breakfast Idea For Kids #4 - Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie
This breakfast recipe is loaded with peanut butter, oats, and raisins. Put them on a plate with a glass of milk in front of your kids and watch them vanish in front of your eyes.
Here’s how you make them:
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉
- In a bowl, mash two bananas and add half a cup of peanut butter
- In this mixture, add half a cup of honey and two teaspoons of vanilla
- In a separate bowl, take rolled oats, add 1/4th cup of whole wheat flour, 1/4th cup of brown flaxseed, 1/4th cup of milk powder, two teaspoons of cinnamon, 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda. Mix them well
- Now, mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix them thoroughly
- When all the ingredients are combined, add the raisins
- Now, put them on the baking sheet, and in the oven, they go
After 10 to 15 minutes, they are ready to eat. You can make the batter and place it in the refrigerator for quick morning breakfasts.
Healthy Breakfast Idea For Kids #5 - Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Pizzas
If you are looking for quick and easy breakfast ideas for kids that add some variety to their plates, then this recipe is just for you. Here are the ingredients for the recipe:
- Half a cup of diced ham
- 6 eggs
- 60 gms of plain Greek yogurt
- Three tablespoons of milk
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- 1/4th teaspoon of salt
- 1/4th teaspoon of pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 ℉
- In a big bowl, whisk 6 eggs, milk, and plain Greek yogurt.
- Next, add cheese, ham, pepper, and salt and mix well
- Lastly, divide the mixture properly into a mini muffin pan greased with butter.
- Bake it for 15-18 minutes and remove them carefully with a spatula after they cool down
As we’ve mentioned, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, even more so for kids who need nourishment for their mental and physical growth. With these simple breakfast ideas for your kids, they will not only get a nutritious breakfast but also a tasty one.