Best Baby Rattles
A baby rattle is one of the all-time classic baby toys; in fact, one of the first toys most parents buy for their babies. Baby rattles have been popular all these years for the simple reason that they are just so delightful! Not only are they good to look at, given all the colorful designs and patterns they come in, but also are they so functional! Rattles come in handy to calm the baby when they’re crying, to distract them when they’ve to be fed, and even to help them soothe the teething pain!
In terms of supporting a baby’s development, rattles help develop a baby’s fine motor skills, improve hand-eye coordination, support gripping movements, cause and effect understanding, and recognizing sounds. But with all the baby rattles available in the market out there, how do you know what baby rattle will be the best for your baby?
Best Baby Rattles Of 2022
1. Lamaze Mortimer The Moose
Lamaze Mortimer the Moose is a determinative toy that attributes many fun elements for newborns, and to top it all, it is very colorful. It has knotty legs and multiple textures on its hooves. It is made of very soft material and looks very attractive so that the baby will love its touch. Its multiple colors help in visual improvement during playtime. It has teeth-able antlers and tail rings that are designed to engage the baby.
- It is very cute and soft.
- It is easy to carry around everywhere.
- Extremely colorful, which attracts a lot of children
- Supreme quality
- The ears are suitable for chewing.
- Teethable antlers.
- It is a very attractive baby rattle, but the squeak did not appear to work in the body.
- Too large for a newborn
2. The First Year First Rattle
This soft baby rattle is good for newborn babies. It is too light and small enough for a newborn to hold it. It is very colorful and has soft teething surfaces with high contrast patterns to develop visual tracking. It can be used as a teether. The newborn baby wants to play with this more than any other toy because it has a friendly face. Its multi-textured fingers allow your baby to explore and understand the different fabrics. Also, it is extremely lightweight and easy for babies to grip. For extra fun and jingle, this is the best rattle you will find.
- Fascinating and soft material soothes teething pain
- Mild and attractive sound
- Works wonderfully as a teething toy
- Easy to grip fingers feels like baby’s mother’s fingers
- Encourage visual tracking
- East to clean
- Crinkle and jingle
- Highly durable
- Might need to do daily washing
- Some newborns might find it bulky when putting it in their mouth.
3. Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle
Manhattan Winkel baby rattle is an award-winning teether toy. It is very vibrant in colors that capture and hold little one’s attention and is made from plastic that is easy to hold. Its design and very light construction make it easy for an infant’s hands to grab. It is too good and clutching a toy to develop a baby’s gross motor skills. It is BPA-free plastic for gumming babies. It is a high quality and visually appealing toy for newborn children. It is bright and easy to chew on and very good for tiny fingers to catch. The best part about this baby rattle is that the cube produces a pleasant rattling sound which makes babies happy and vigilant. There are several soft tubes in its maze-like design, which makes it ultra-attractive and is loved by all babies.
- Soft plastic, which is good for newborn
- Suitable for teething babies
- Colorful to capture an infant’s attention
- Ideal for babies aging 0-24 months
- This baby rattle cannot be washed in the dishwasher
- It is necessary to wash them regularly to fend off mold build
4. Smartnoggin Nogginstik Developmental Light-Up Rattle
This baby rattle toy is easy to grab. It helps newborns during their developmental years. The product is made to enhance bonding with their parents. It is a very slee design, easy to grab, and newborn babies like it very much. A mother invented this toy, and hence the greater detail put in the toy ensures good quality for the baby’s overall brain growth. The beautiful colors at one end of the baby rattle and the mirror on the other end make it eye-catching for the babies. It is a fun toy for the children to play and interact with. You can also keep track of expected monthly milestones by giving you an idea of playing with the baby to reach the goals.
- It comes in three different colors
- Free of BPA
- Soft and attractive voice
- Made of different textures and good to touch
- An instruction booklet attached and easy to use
- It’s a really fun toy for a newborn
- This product lights up, so it requires batteries
- It is expensive
- Batteries are changed again and again
- Made of plastic
5. Oball Rainstick Rattle
This is one baby rattle toy that is made for extra support and easy grasping for babies. The ball-shaped baby rattle has more than 30 finger holes that make it soft on the hands. The center tube is very colorful and full of colorful beads that make a beautiful sound. For babies age, up to 3 months can easily handle and use this baby rattle. This versatile baby rattle can be rolled and tossed for doubling as a ball when the child reaches its toddler stage. It can be used at multiple stages as and when the baby develops.
- Very soft and suitable for painful gums
- Its parts are transparent and colorful, so it attracts the babies
- Easy to play.
- It is easy to carry anywhere.
- It is not so durable
- It might be difficult to clean
- It is harmful to babies if the cylinder breaks beads and can come into the newborn’s mouth.
6. Colorful Soft Bee Baby Teether
It is made of plastic and is shaped like a bird. It is multicolor and is thus very attractive to babies. It is a lightweight teether and is easy for babies to grasp and play around with.
- Colorful and attractive baby rattle and teether for newborn
- It is cheap and comes with a budget for everyone
- Hand and eye coordination.
- It is good for 0-2 years old infants.
- It is made of plastic, so it is harmful
- Might be a bacteria issue
7. iPlay, iLearn 10pcs Baby Rattles and Teethers Set
A ten-piece baby rattle set, With vibrant colors, baby-friendly designs, and unique features, this iPlay, iLearn 10pcs baby rattles set is an all-in-one package for your baby to have a good time. The rattles and teethers are said to be designed to keep your baby engaged for hours.
- Quality is good
- Keeping box is included
- It keeps kids entertained
- Easy to hold
- Help in developing motor skills
- It is difficult to clean
- Has sharp edges
- Plastic material might hurt the little one
Best Wooden Baby Rattles
Wooden baby rattles are made of wood; they are extra durable. Best wooden baby rattles are making a serious comeback because parents search for safe and natural alternatives for their babies. Simultaneously, other rattles are made of colorful patterns and material intended for brain growth but are also toxic in quality and thus can have a bad impact on babies. For some brownie points, let’s also explore the best wooden baby rattles!
8. Promise Baby Hedgehog Wooden Teether
This toy is apt for all those looking for an eco-friendly, sturdy, and simple design for their babies. It is very comfortable for babies to pass each other. With the excellent wood, design, and natural teething built, it is one of the best baby rattles in 2022, plastic-free and reliable for babies. The size and the shape of the wooden teething ring are perfect for little ones to hold. Its colorful beads are ideal aspects for newborns to cut teeth on. Some colorful beads are hand-crocheted and are made up of 100% organic maple wood. It is probably one of the best options for you if you wish to keep your babies safe from toxic plastics and heavy design toys.
- Plastic-free baby rattle
- It is eco friendly
- Attractive for a child’s creativity
- It is durable and long-lasting
- Heavy and dullness
- Might be less attractive to some kids
9. Homi Baby Wooden Rattle
Homi baby wooden rattle is so classically and elegantly designed. If you are looking for a cute baby rattle that is both safe and fun to play with, then your search ends here. This Montessori-style wooden baby rattle is extremely functional and is not harmful to little ones. It can be easily used as a teether because it is sanded and sealed with coconut oil and beeswax. It has three rings, and the wooden end balls are very classic and made of natural birch. It is also a photogenic toy that you would want to include in all your baby pictures. The wood of the toy is sourced from the USA, and hence the easy-to-grasp baby rattle is extremely safe and natural for babies.
- Safe and natural toy for little ones
- No use of plastic, so it is not harmful
- Classic design
- Extra durable
- It is made of wooden so that cleaning can be tricky
10. Wooden Elephant Push Toy
Babies can’t help but adore elephants. There will be hardly any babies who do not love elephant-designed toys, and this one is exactly that. This Wooden elephant push toy is cute and is perfectly sized. The small size makes it easy to grab for tiny hands. It is lightweight and attracts children. The sound made by this gentle wooden rattle is jingly as it moves back and forth. It is also a handcrafted baby rattle which makes it easier for kids to play around the house. The best part is that it has been designed to help babies develop a sense of hand-eye coordination with some motor skills to have fun. It helps newborns to develop new skills while they play it. It is made from neem wood and is completely safe for little ones.
- Extremely safe made of neem wood
- Good finishing and no sharp edges
- Beautiful sound
- Easier to carry around
- Develops motor skills
- Not easy to clean
- Not so attractive
All in all, the best baby rattles listed above are the best baby rattles in 2022. The list has something for everyone. Those looking for eco-friendly designs can find some, while those looking for attractive and colorful toys have many other options. To make sure that the babies’ skin is very sensitive, be careful when buying rattles for babies. Choose the one which has safety standards and is made of non-toxic and safe materials.
All baby rattles are not suitable for little ones, and thus the right baby rattles could be useful when the baby is learning to crawl, and some are useful when they are teething. So always remember to choose the age-appropriate one. When buying toys for newborns look for the safe ones and simple objects encourage exploration. We hope this can help you to find the best baby rattles in 2022 for your babies in their growing years and let you explore the immense variety in the market.