Table of Contents
A regular sleep in the same posture can cause an irregular head shape. To prevent flat head syndrome there are several baby pillows custom-designed for this sole purpose. These pillows are highly recommended by pediatricians around the globe and responsible parents have bought over thousands of these pillows in recent years online.
Why should I purchase these pillows for my baby?
Well these pillows help to→
- Evenly distribute pressure which was previously on the head to the upper part of the body without causing any upper body deformations.
- Stops your child from cribbing and cringing which was common due to the irritation of neck pain before.
- A sound sleep is offered thanks to the ultra-comfortable pillow.
- Have ventilations that ensure proper airflow.
- No head movement restriction.
- The comfort and care offered by these pillows help during the early stages of development of the neck and spine and more importantly it reduces risks of developing nerve problems in the future as the baby grows up.
Now let us move on to the review of the top ten baby pillows for preventing flat head syndrome.
10 Best Baby Pillow For Flat Head
1. WelLifes Baby Pillow for Newborn Breathable 3D Air Mesh Organic Cotton: Best Baby Pillow For Flat Head
This product comes from the USA and is made by using Cotton Fabric Textiles Covers. This pillow has a 100% Hypoallergenic 3D Air Mesh Filling and concave center for the prevention of flat head syndrome.
We can call this pillow “smart” thanks to its unique ability to adjust the temperature accordingly to the different seasons all over the year.
This pillow has an organic make and provides a space within it to position the baby’s head properly and safely.
The purpose of retaining the baby’s head in the center is very important and the concave area situated in the center of this pillow does exactly that.
- 100% No risk product.
- Great air circulation and cushioning for comfort.
- The positioning on this pillow is gentle and supportive at the same time.
- Frequent washing can discolor the pillow.
- Size can be an issue that was mentioned in customer reviews.
2. Baby Pillow for Flat Head Syndrome Prevention: Best Baby Pillow For Flat Head
This pillow is intended to support your baby’s head in the optimal position all the time. Weighing at around 7.2 ounces this pillow doesn’t require batteries.
It is very important that perfect alignment exists between the baby’s head and spine. This pillow takes great care to do it and it constantly keeps the head and spine completely aligned.
The design includes a very soft bamboo foam which provides really lovely comfort for your baby throughout his/her sleep. There is no way that a mother’s lap can be replaced by any pillow in the whole wide world, but this pillow’s soft foam design replicates to an extent the comfort and safety of a mother’s lap.
All of these combined makes this product very popular, and a bestseller. This product is ideal for your baby’s sleep which is very important in his/her proper growth and physical development.
- High-quality sleep assured.
- Proper positioning of your baby’s head is guaranteed.
- Easily portable and very lightweight.
- Soft bamboo foam that almost replicates a mother’s lap.
- Not the best pillow for use in a car seat.
- The absence of a cover can be a problem.
3. Baby Head Shaping Pillow: Best Baby Pillow For Flat Head
If your baby’s head size ranges from 16-19 inches, this is a great choice for you. There are a few of foam materials used in making this pillow including,
- BASF memory
And they provide maximum comfort for your baby.
One important aspect that most parents are unaware of is that babies have specific touchpoints and it is important that these pillows should be designed while keeping the touchpoints in mind. So while choosing a pillow it is important that such scientific and technical aspects are not missed.
This is a unisex pillow weighing around 9.3 ounces. This pillow fights off flat head syndrome and reduces pains in the neck which some pillows cause because of uneven pressure distributed along the body of the baby.
- Even pressure distribution and flat head prevention are given top priority.
- The high-density foam ensures that comfort is not compromised.
- Has no hard mattress with it.
- Peaceful sleep is guaranteed.
- The outer cover’s inability to resist water can be a problem.
- The memory foam if soiled is not washable.
4. Babymoon Pod Multipurpose Infant Pillow for Flat Head Prevention: Best Baby Pillow For Flat Head
We can say that Babymoon Pod Multipurpose Infant Pillow for Flat Head Prevention is truly multipurpose. And when we say multipurpose this pillow can be used for a long time as well. In its early stages, this pillow can provide even pressure to the baby’s neck and body thus preventing flat head syndrome and as time passes and your loved one grows up this pillow can be used as a support while feeding your baby.
This circular pillow comes in different unique sizes. This polyester pillow made in the USA weighs around 3.2 ounces. The best things about this pillow keep on coming as it is unisex, ultra-comfortable, and machine washable.
- Snug fit and works in cradle swing.
- Both the head and neck receive proper support.
- It can be used in rock and play as well.
- This pillow’s design makes it ideal for working along a very long age range.
- Cannot be used while you are nursing the baby.
- It doesn’t come with an extra pillow cover.
5. Babymoov Lovenest Baby Head Support: Best Baby Pillow For Flat Head
This pillow has been designed after careful consideration from doctors and obviously doctors often prescribe this pillow for the prevention and cure of flat head syndrome. It provides even distribution of pressure on both the head and upper body as well.
By regulating the blood flow around the skull region this pillow prevents as well as cures flat head syndrome.
- Prescribed by doctors
- Designed by taking advice from doctors.
- Provides comfort and overall protection.
- Easy cleaning compared to other pillows.
- Not so machine friendly as washing in a washing machine can damage the fabric.
- The functionality is limited as this pillow can’t be used in a crib and car seat.
6. Newborn Baby Pillow, Memory Foam Cushion for Flat Head Syndrome: Best Baby Pillow For Flat Head
This is a pillow that is primarily aimed at safeguarding infants from developing the flat head syndrome. This pillow thanks to its design is ideal for on-the-move couples and families.
The design carefully eliminates any chances of developing a flat head syndrome and additionally aids the potential of growth and development during the growing age of the child.
The design takes care of proper sleep and comfort. The make quality of this pillow has been rewarded with lot of positive customer reviews.
- The simple design and lightweight build make it easy to move around.
- Exquisite comfort is offered to the baby enabling a sound sleep and overall development.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Not machine friendly to was.
- The pillow tends to smell after a few days of use.
7. Cherish Baby Care: Best Baby Pillow For Flat Head
The first thing that attracts you to this pillow is its color. The creme color is very friendly to the eyes. Moving on to the design we have a carefully planned product that enables the proper growth and protection of your baby.
This pillow which is made out of cotton material is very soothing on your baby’s head. Comfort is provided in a way that does not compromise on safety.
This product is easy to wash and clean.
- You get two extra pillowcases for convenience.
- Machine-friendly pillow.
- The make is very cozy on your baby’s skin.
- Size has been told to be somewhat small for a baby’s head.
- The pillow cover is sticky on the baby’s hair.
8. Hidetex Baby Pillow – Preventing Flat Head Syndrome: Best Baby Pillow For Flat Head
Ideal for babies around 0 to 12 old. A carefully designed product aimed at the prevention and cure of flat head syndrome in babies. Since sleep is not interrupted and optimum comfort is offered this pillow enables your baby’s proper growth and development.
The neck and body align perfectly, hence it is ergonomic even in travel. It is lightweight, easy to use, and washable. The breathable material of this pillow allows good airflow as well.
- High levels of comfort are offered.
- Efficient small size.
- Good ventilation and airflow makes this pillow resistant to developing foul smell.
- There have been reports of issues regarding the washing of this pillow.
- There have been reports of hair loss due to allergic reactions.
9. Newborn Baby Head Shaping Pillow: Best Baby Pillow For Flat Head
Lightweight, well-framed, and easily portable, this pillow is one of the best choices that you can have. The design keeps the head and neck aligned in a single direction. Doctors often prescribe this pillow to cure the flat head syndrome. A night of comfortable sleep is guaranteed thanks to the high-quality materials used.
- Durable and lightweight.
- Can be easily carried from place to place.
- Some customers have reported the pillow to be too small for their baby.
- Some design issues have also been raised by customers.
10. Baby Head Shaping Pillow: Best Baby Pillow For Flat Head
A very baby skin-friendly cotton material is used to make this pillow. An additional benefit of this cotton make is that it is 100% organic. The non-toxic approach is regarded as a milestone by many parents.
That said this pillow is specifically designed by keeping in mind that babies need perfect sleep for great growth and development.
Temperature control, airflow, and ventilation are other features of this pillow. Also, this pillow is reported to be hygienic and durable while curing flat head syndrome.
- Easily movable from place to place.
- Cures flat head syndrome.
- Comfort is of top priority thanks to temperature control, airflow, and ventilation coupled with the organic soft cotton make.
- Babies are known to sweat due to the temperature control mechanism.
- Smaller than usual size can be a problem.
Best Baby Pillow FAQs
1) Does using plagiocephaly pillows help with preventing plagiocephaly?
2) When should parents introduce a baby pillow to prevent a flat head?
3) Is shaping a baby’s uneven head possible? If yes, how can parents treat it?
Reviewed By –