It is quite common for the baby to have gas as their immature digestive system takes time to break down the food they consume. This results in gas also as babies tend to gulp extra air even while crying, and even sucking on a pacifier.
However, when a baby has gas, it is quite a hardship for both the parents and the babies. This is why these formulas are a go-to for a gassy baby, making digestion easy and providing comfort to the baby!
Here is a list of the best 9 formulas for parents to choose from as a remedy for their gassy baby :
1. HiPP comfort organic baby formula
This European specialty baby formula could be used from birth. It has reduced lactose content, and prebiotics and probiotics, with no added sugar that makes it great for a first try. However, they are hard to find in supermarkets.
- No added sugar or corn syrup
- A comfortable blend for easy digestion
- Has European based ingredients
- Is GMO-free
- Good “first step” formula
- Includes prebiotic and probiotic
- No Soy
- Available in few sites online like LittleBundle.com, OrganicBabyShop, and MyOrganicCompany
- Isn’t rated by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
- Not strictly lactose-free
2. Enfamil ProSobee lactose-free infant formula
This is a soy-based baby formula that is dairy-free, making it ideal for a lactose-intolerant baby. It contains essential nutrients that help the baby enhance their motor, cognitive, and communication skills and is a good nutrient replacement.
- Great for lactose-intolerant babies
- Highly effective formula for the baby
- Stir in well or the formula might have clumps in it.
3. Enfamil gentlease NeuroPro non-GMO infant formula
This is a milk-based formula with fewer amounts of lactose, that works great for babies with gas pain and reflux. It provides milk protein (broken-down), is easier to digest, and provides quick-relief to the baby. Adding it that, it not only helps the baby with gas but also supports the development of the brain.
- Has a good amount of DHA and Omega-3 fatty acids
- Includes 30 different nutrients
- Boosts the immunity system of the baby through its nutrients and vitamins
- Has quite a bitter and strong smell
4. Baby’s organic non-GMO toddler formula
The Baby’s organic formula is dairy-based with no GMO ingredients and gluten. It includes a good amount of healthy fatty acids and DHA, that help in the development of the baby’s body and brain.
- Does not include GMO ingredients like corn syrup, syrup solids, or hexane processed DHA
- Has a good smell
- Has no greasy residues on the bottle
- Produced by cow’s milk
- There are observations by mothers stating the baby’s poop to have become harder after the formula
5. Earth’s best low-lactose organic sensitivity formula
This formula helps the baby digest easily and is rich in fatty acids like Omega-6, Omega-3 that help develop eyes and brains, and iron which fortifies the body of the baby. Adding to that, the Earth’s baby formula has kosher, is free from artificial flavors, and has no fertilizers or synthetic pesticides.
- Gentle formula
- Helps in gas and stomach problems like colic and acid reflux
- Tastes good
- Shake well to avoid clumps
6. Similac sensitive baby formula
This is a sensitive baby formula that has iron included, helping the baby get rid of gassiness. It is known for its cow’s milk formula, has no lactose, contains nucleotides that boost the baby’s immunity, and cures gas.
- Effective baby formula to lower baby’s gas
- Free of lactose
- Easily convenient to scoop the formula out
- It gets a bit foamy when prepared
- Not suitable for lactose intolerant baby’s
7. Gerber good start soothe infant formula
This Gerber baby formula includes a blend of DNA, probiotics, and prebiotics. It comes with trademarked comfort milk protein and helps in the baby’s digestion. The formula is made from non-GMO ingredients, with no harmful compounds.
- Safe and effective for the baby experiencing gas
- Comes with a 100% cash-back guarantee
- Reviews indicate it as an excellent formula to prevent bloating, gas, and fussiness.
- Parents observed their baby experience constipation due to the formula.
8. Enfagrow for newborns and toddlers
It is recommended by pediatricians as it includes DHA that helps in the development of the baby’s brain and makes it easy to digest. The Enfagrow formula has non-GMO ingredients like iron, vitamin D, zinc, and calcium, and is available in vanilla and natural milk flavor.
- A good remedy for gas and fussiness
- Encourages rapid cognitive skills
- Has ingredients like iron, DHA, and choline that nourishes the brain
- Has Triple Health Guard with vitamins, prebiotics, DHA, and 22 nutrients
- An easy transition from milk to solid foods
- Might have an unpleasant taste and bitter
9. Enfamil’s Nutramigen Hypoallergenic baby formula
The baby formula claims to help the baby get rid of gas within 48 hours and is a rich blend of essential nutrients like DHA, ARA, and probiotics. This hypoallergenic formula supports a healthy digestive tract that lowers gassiness promoting both eye and brain development.
- Offers quick and easy relief
- Claims to help the baby get rid of colic within 2 days
- Lowers the risks of future allergies
- Is a complete nutritional profile
- Supports a digestive system
- Contains corn syrup solids that could negatively affect the baby in the long run
Here are some brownie points for you to exercise to help aid your baby from gas :
- Make sure to keep the baby’s head upright so it’s above the baby’s stomach. This helps the food get into the stomach and prevent gas
- Always help the little one burp after every feed. This ensures the milk gets digested.
- Prepare the formula in a separate container, and finally add it into the baby’s feeding bottle to help prevent air bubbles
- Gently massage your baby and warm baths. This helps relieve gas-related symptoms like fussiness, burps, bloating, and a hard tummy.
The list above is an accumulation of good baby formula with a variety to choose from, depending on the preference of the baby. However, if the baby still experiences gas, it is strongly recommended to visit the doctor.