A baby, in their 30th week after implantation, begins to put on weight, while the mother, on the other hand, experiences heartburn and mood swings.
The baby, this week, will measure 15.7 inches and weigh 2.9 ounces. To put things in perspective, this would be about the size of a helmet of a bike. Isn’t this exciting!
So what else is happening to the baby in the 30th week of pregnancy?
1. Weight gain
The baby puts on about half a pound each week for the next 10 weeks.
2. Kick counts
With the growth of the baby, the movements start to change. It is therefore important for you to keep a count on the kicks every day around the same time and for how long it takes to reach 10 kicks. There will now be a visible pattern. However, if you notice any major changes, contact the doctor.
The lungs of the baby get stronger this week as they prepare for their first breath.
What is happening to a mother’s body in the 30th week of Pregnancy?
As you continue with the third trimester, the old familiar symptoms from the first trimester will seem to return. Along with that, you will get hungrier which makes symptoms like heartburn more challenging.
Here’s what is happening to a mother’s body in the 30th week of pregnancy:
This results as the uterus push up your stomach. Try to walk a little and avoid lying down an hour after you eat. Also, avoid greasy foods.
2. Mood swings
This is very common in pregnancy and can result due to you being stressed out about your impending life change, as well as the change in the hormones. Always learn to go easy on yourself and do not exert yourself too much. Try doing things that make you happy. It could be as simple as taking a walk, spending time with friends or loved ones, or even taking a nap.
Sleeping now would seem to be difficult. The burst of energy you experienced in the second trimester might be on the wane now. Try using pregnancy pillows to help you ease the discomfort, keep the room dark, avoid screens before bed, and keep your bedtime consistent.
What would your belly look like in the 30th week of pregnancy
You will ideally gain about 18 to 25 pounds as a whole. If you stick to the per week pound as needed, you’ll probably gain 10 more pounds by the time you hit the due date. The fundamental height from the pubic bone to the top of the uterus at the appointment for this week should measure around 28 to 32 centimeters. You may also start to experience the uterus growing as your belly extends past the rib cage.
For some brownie points, here is a quick checklist to get your sailing through the 11th week of pregnancy:
- Maternal leave planning: As you’ve hopefully told your work colleagues about you’re pregnant, it is now time to figure out the logistics regarding your maternity leave. If the company nor the state covers family leave, you might want to weigh the pros and cons of unpaid leave. Attend to questions like, how much would the employer accommodate? What part can you afford?
On the other hand, if you have a paid family leave, connect with your HR department or the state’s disability leave program to determine the next steps. It will most probably involve a lot of paperwork, so keep everything signed just in case you need them, and set reminders for deadline-based documents.
- Gear to get: Did you assume white noise machines are for babies only? If yes, you’re wrong! They not only come in handy for the baby but for you too. These devices help with improving your sleep. So get one now, it not only benefits you but also benefits when the baby arrives.
- Laugh more: Laughter is very important as it works as a stress reduction, muscle relaxation as well as increases immunity. Why don’t you book a stand-up special right away?
- Postpartum prep: It can get quite monotonous to breastfeed your baby or even while pumping for that matter. Therefore, keep yourself entertained by investing in an e-reader or tablet.
Here is a checklist for your reference for 30-Weeks Pregnant:
- Visit your 30-week prenatal visit.
- Start to prepare for your maternity leave.
- Sleep unfortunately doesn’t get any easier from here. So whenever you can sneak as much rest as you can. Purchase a white noise machine for better sleep.