Table of Contents
Much like adults, some babies tend to have a sensitive stomach and if your little one is showing symptoms of an upset stomach a little too frequently off late, it might be the infant formula. However, given the advancement of technology in the food space, Enfamil has been able to come up with formulas exclusively for infants with sensitive stomachs.
Especially if you have just switched to formula feeding or are new to this space, you must most likely be facing difficulties with choosing the right infant formula. Your baby might be spitting more than normal or might even be showing signs of gas, diarrhea, constipation, or fussiness. This is most likely because a baby’s little stomach takes some time to adjust to formulas. However, we understand that terrible feeling of having to see your baby suffer.
Enfamil AR and Enfamil Gentlease to the rescue! Enfamil AR and Enfamil Gentlease are the two top-selling formulas by Enfamil, both of them available at an affordable price and both of them being insanely effective for stomach related issues in babies. However, if there are two formulas sold as two different names, what is the difference?
The primary difference between Enfamil AR and Enfamil Gentlease is this-
- Enfamil AR: Made specifically for babies that spit up more than ideal, owing to a reflux issue
- Enfamil Gentlease: Made for babies who cannot digest the regular formula leading to gas and irritability owing to their sensitive stomach
- Now that you have a basic understanding, let us discuss these formulas in detail to help you make a more informed decision for your baby.
Enfamil AR v/s Gentlease
|Enfamil AR||Enfamil Gentlease|
|Description||Enfamil A.R. Infant Formula – Clinically Proven to Reduce Spit-Up in 1 week –|
Omega 3 DHA & Iron, Thickened with Rice Starch.
Also contains 2 prebiotics meant to aid digestive health.
Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease Baby Formula Milk Powder, For Easing Gas & Crying, Vitamins & Minerals for Immune Support, Infant Formula Inspired by Breast Milk DHA MFGM Iron Non-GMO
19.5 oz (tub)
|Price||$ 29.99 or a 19.5 oz tub|
Or, $9.95 for 2 fl oz (6 bottles)
|$ 29.99 or a 19.5 oz tub|
Or, $8.95 for 2 fl oz (6 bottles)
● AR stands for anti-reflux
● Intended for babies with reflux issues – babies who spit up more than the ideal 5 times in a day
● Might also help the baby gain weight since they will be able to retain the formula instead of spitting it up
● Matches the reflux reduction guidelines issued by the American Academy of Pediatrics
● Intended for babies with a generally sensitive stomach; those who cannot digits the regular formulas and suffer from gassiness or irritability as a result
● Claimed to show results within 24 hours of use
|How does it work?||Since Enfamil AR has a thicker consistency than other regular formulas, it lessens the number of times a baby spits up by as much as 50 percent.||Being a milk-based formula made with easy digest proteins, it helps babies who suffer from stomach sensitivity issues like gas and irritability.|
|Formulation||Available in powder as well as liquid forms||Available in powder as well as liquid forms|
● Some reviews report that AR powder formula tends to become foamy and bubbly when mixed in water due to the thick consistency.
● Always mix the powder well to avoid clumping in the nipple of the feeding bottle.
● It is also recommended to use the liquid instead of the powder as the liquid formulation solves the dissolvability and clumping issues.
● There hardly are any cons reported by mothers for Gentlease.
● In fact, most reviews report that it actually shows results within the magical 24 hours of first consumption.
● It also is highly recommended by most mothers for supplementing breastfeeding or as a transitional formula when you decide to switch to formula completely. Most babies, as per reviews, hardly noticed any difference when they were fed a Gentleease as against breast milk.
● 4.1/5 Stars with 475 reviews on the Enfamil website
● 4/5 Stars with 331 reviews on Amazon
● 4.3/5 Stars with 944 reviews on the Enfamil website
● 4/5 Stars with 874 reviews on Amazon
Before you go, here are some helpful tips on feeding a baby-
- Never microwave a formula!
If you have leftover formula milk and want to use it to feed the baby in their next sitting, it is recommended to use it at room temperature. However, if you are very keen to heat it up, it is advised to use a bottle warmer or to submerge the milk in hot water instead of microwaving it.
- Remember to make the baby burp after every three ounces to avoid baby spit-up and gas due to the trapped air bubbles
Above all, use the baby feeding time as baby bonding time. You will be spending a lot of your day feeding them and use this time to make a connection with your baby. Choose a calm and relaxed place, sing to them, talk to them, and always – always- look into your baby’s eyes while you feed!