Table of Contents
Best toddler step stool: toddlers are generally keen around the house and rather active when it comes to imitating the parents, especially when they are working. However, when the two acts join together you might just declare your toddler a helpful little tot!
As adorable as it might seem, once the little chef gets into the kitchen it could be difficult for them to reach the kitchen slab which could result in a hazardous and messy event, also true while getting toilet trained!
The best solution? best step stools for toddlers. These will come in handy when the kids are trying to reach the countertops or the bathroom sink by themselves. However, it could be quite a task for parents to choose the best kids step-stool, given the wide variety available in the market for the same. This is why to help our readers, Parenthoodbliss has curated this article that includes our top best picks with good weight capacity and inclusive of all safety features, preventing the little feet from slipping. But first…
What Are The Safety Tips For Choosing The Best Step Stools For Toddlers
- Choose one that has a non-slip rubber surface and anti-skid feet to prevent the little humans from falling
- The step-stool must be easy-to-carry
- In the case of a folding step stool, pick one that is sturdy enough with a guaranteed non-collapsible feature
- The stool for your toddler should be lightweight and can be used for multiple purposes.
List Of The Best Toddler Step Stools Of 2022
Here are our top picks for the best step stools:
1) Angels Kids Best Friend Step Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
This step stool features a simple yet classic look that is sturdy and comfortable, making it perfect for your little one. It can be used in the kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom.
- Has an anti-slip top
- Comes with a non-slip bottom attached for better grip
- Has a weight capacity of over 70 lbs
- Is kid-friendly
Some say it has a very simple design
2) Bumbo Step Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
Bumbo’s step stool has an adorable look and comes in 3 varied colors to choose from! It is lightweight and portable, making it one of the best toddler step stools on the market.
- Is portable
- Has a slip-resistant base and top
- Has a weight capacity of up to 110 lbs
- The bottom could snag dust
3) Growing Up Wooden Step Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
This wooden step stool is perfect for your little partners. It has a sleek and classy design and can easily blend in with the home furniture of your kitchen or bedroom.
- Is durable
- Comes with a non-slip base for better grip
- Is lightweight
- Easy to clean
- Has a weight capacity of 200 lbs
- Is a little expensive as compared to the other stools on the list
4) BabyBjörn Step Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
BabyBjörn’s Step Stool comes with a rubber mat that is placed on the top, providing better grip and comfort. It has no maximum weight capacity and comes with 8 varied colors to choose from.
- Has a playful design
- Comes with a slip-resistant surface
- Is durable
- Is slightly out of budget
5) Tundras Step Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
Help your toddler reach the sink and reach the toilet with Tundras’s step stool! It features a non-slip design at the top, as well as the bottom to prevent your child from falling.
- Has a non-slip surface
- Is portable and lightweight
- Easy to clean
- Could be slightly short to use
6) Mommy’s Helper Collection Step Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
This step stool comes with a cute Frog design with an anti-slip. It features a non-slip surface on the top and feet of the design and is affordable short stools
- Has an anti-slip on the top and bottom
- Is sturdy
- Is lightweight and portable
- Does not come in a lot of color choices
7) Melissa & Doug Wooden Step Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
This is a single-step stool that will suffice for your little ones. It can be pushed up against a cabinet, bed, or wall and help the kid reach for things that they might need.
- Is available in 3 different colors
- Has a weight capacity of 100lbs
- Is ideal for kids above the age of 3 years
- Provides access to younger toddlers as compared to the other stools on the list
- Parents will need to assemble
- Slightly expensive
8) Acko Folding Step Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
Acko’s step stool comes with almost every feature a toddler step stool needs. It is unique, has a structural design, is safe, strong, and foldable with convenient storage space.
- Has a weight capacity of up to 250 lbs
- Has an improved folding bar to prevent the little one from collapsing
- Comes with a non-slip bottom
- The handles allow the stool to be easily lifted
Could be a little out of budget
9) California Goods Dual Height Step Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
The stool features the best dual-step stool design, offering great support with sturdy construction. It also comes with four rubber grips, providing maximum grip on the floor to prevent the little one from falling.
- Has a dual height construction
- Can support up to 150 lbs
- Provides traction on the floor
- Has soft grips
- Is durable in nature
- Is expensive in nature
10) bblüv Stëp Folding Step Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
It comes with a foldable design and can be easily stored when not in use. This foldable step stool is lightweight, easy to carry, and is available in a wide variety to choose from.
- Is foldable
- Has a built-in handle
- Can hold up to 250lbs
- Is available in two colors
- Has a flimsy design
11) Tundras Dual-Height Step Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
A dual-height step stool features an eco-friendly make, is made with BPA-free plastic, and lightweight.
- Comes with optimal safety
- Is lightweight
- Has a very simple design
- Is expensive
12) Fantasy Fields Step Stool + Storage: Best Toddler Step Stool
This stool made of natural wood comes in three different styles and features to choose from. This versatility could perfectly fit in with the rest of your nursery decor, making it a good pick amongst the other toddler step stool designs.
- Comes with a storage space
- Has a sturdy design
- Features three very different styles
- Is recommended for kids 3 years and above
- It needs to be assembled
- Is expensive
13) OXO Tot Step Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
The OXO Tot step stool comes with a non-slip surface, providing height enough for your toddler to reach things by themselves.
- Has a non-slip surface and bottom
- Comes with an easy-grip handle placed on the sides
- Is portable
- Can hold up to 200lbs
- Comes in a simple design
14) Joovy StepTool Step Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
Joovy’s stool comes with a sturdy design, especially keeping in mind the child’s comfort. It is lined on the top and bottom with non-slip rubber for better grip and stability, preventing any further slips.
- It can support up to 300 lbs
- Has a slip-free model
- Stackable design
- BPA, PVC, and phthalate-free
- Has a non-foldable design
- Is available in only one color
15) Nuby Step-up Stool: Best Toddler Step Stool
Help your child reach greater heights by using this high-quality, durable material step-stool. It is recommended as best for kids who are toilet training as it allows them to get past those hard-to-reach places.
- Has a portable design
- Is light enough to carry
- Can carry up to 800 lbs
- Has a non-skid design on top and bottom for support
- Is easy to clean
- Has a small surface area
A two-step stool for toddlers is tall enough to help them reach the kitchen counter to wash their hands and for when they are getting toilet trained. On the other hand, stools that are short could run the risk of your kid standing on his/her toes, causing unforeseen accidents.
Keep the features listed above in mind to make sure you pick the right step stool for your child. While a sturdy and slip-resistant surface is a must to support your child.
Make sure to check out our best picks for baby potty chairs and seats, if you are looking for them, specifically.